Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Our Daily Face

Welcome to the Fierce Face. While we don't claim to have fierce faces, we do aspire to them. Just to let you know a little bit about ourselves, we'll each let you know what's on our faces daily- our current make up uniform. We plan to update this at least monthly to let you know what we's making our faces fierce (or in some cases, not so fierce).

My daily face includes:
  • Bare Minerals concealer in Bisque and powder foundation in Fairly Light
  • Clinique sheer powder blush in Cupcake
  • Wet N Wild (yes, I'm not joking) eye shadow in the Sands palette
  • Great Lash Mascara by Maybelline with another coat of Lash Exact mascara by Covergirl both in brownish black (because I both wasn't born with it and like it easy, breezy)
  • Clinique eyeliner in brown
  • Call me a beauty travesty, but I actually wash my face with Zest soap. It's cheap, it's easy and it's the only thing, after trying many products, that hasn't broken my face out
  • I use Sea Breeze astringent and follow that up with Bare Escentuals Skin Revver-Upper and Biore Skin Balancing Moisturizer
  • I'm afraid of looking like a clown or street walker, so I tend to stay away from lipstick unless it's neutral. I do, however, love my cherry chapstick. There's rarely a moment where you will find me without it in my pocket or within arm's reach.
That's my face in a nutshell. I'm finding two things:
  1. I'm boring. My routine is routine, and while I'm nearing my thirties, I'm getting afraid to ask for make up help because I feel like I should know better. I love make up, but who doesn't need a good shove to get out of a routine?
  2. I'm getting older and my skin is changing in ways I never imagined. Is anyone else embarrassed about showing up to work with a huge zit or is that just me? My boyfriend asks me when I'm going to grow out of my zit producing stage and my standard reply is "When I finally hit that growth spurt I've been waiting on for the past 15 years" (I'm only 5'2").
So, if you have a product, yo I'll try it. And when we all try these products, we'll share with you.

No comments: